Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 3


Day 3 is almost done. Still trying to find ways to stay full. Eating a cliff bar and drinking a glass of almond milk as I type. Brad thinks his body is starting to adjust to eating more vegetables. He said it was almost like his body has realized that it really wants healthier food. We have both wondered what might happen if we do eat red meat when our 40 days are over. I've heard of people getting physically ill. I will admit that I have thought about eating a nice juicy hamburger now and then. I'm hoping that those cravings don't last the entire time. If I could just get full......
Menu Log:
Breakfast: Bagel and cream cheese
Lunch: Left over lentil soup, bagel, salad
Supper: grilled fish tacos
This picture of my fish tacos is the only pic for today since it is the only food you haven't seen yet.
 
I thought I'd share what I've learned about lentils today. I knew they were supposed to be good for me but wasn't sure why. So I've copied an article that sums up the health benefits of lentils.
Heart Health
Studies have found that people who eat high fiber legumes like lentils have a much reduced risk of heart disease. The high levels of folate and magnesium in lentils also go a long way in protecting the heart.
Stabilize Blood Sugar
Due to their high fiber content, lentils help in regulating blood sugar by providing steady, slow-burning energy and balancing blood sugar levels.
High In Iron Lentils are loaded with iron and are a great way to replenish the body's iron stores, especially for people who don't eat red meat like vegans and vegetarians.
B Vitamins
Lentils are a great source of B vitamins, most notably folate and niacin (B3). B vitamins are important for the healthy functioning of the nervous, digestive, and immune systems.
Lower Cholesterol
Lentils are a great cholesterol lowering food due to their high levels of fiber.
Protein Packed
Protein makes up 26% of the calories in lentils and they have the third highest level of protein than any other plant food. It's no wonder that they're a staple in many parts of the world.
Copyright © 2005-2013 HealthDiaries.com. All rights reserved. Brought to you by Little Shoe Productions, Inc.


1 comment:

  1. Everything still sounds yummy. I bet you and Brad will feel like you are 20 when you are through with the 40 days and may even continue your new diet. Eat more....... lentils. ha

    ReplyDelete