Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 11 Two Breakfasts

Menu Log
Breakfast: blueberry muffin and orange scone
Lunch: pancakes and eggs
Supper: beans and rice

Today was the day of breakfasts. Bethany and I had our normal breakfast while the boys slept. On the nights when Brad works till about 4am at Panera he doesn't get up till about noon. Today was one of those days and I was at a loss on what to make for lunch so we had breakfast again. You all know what pancakes look like so no picture. You also know what beans and rice look like but I hate posting without a picture so.....
I'm sure all of you know that beans and rice make a complete protein and I'm always looking for ways to get my much needed protein. Brad brought the bread home from Panera so that was a good addition. I ate 2 bowls and several pieces of bread.
I also had some chai with almond milk later in the evening. Now I am facing the hunger that hits me like a mac truck every night about this time. I'm going to have to do some research on some good filling foods that I can eat before going to bed. If anyone has some ideas for me please help me out. I'M STARVING. Going to go raid the fridge now.

2 comments:

  1. No ideas on foods that fill you up. Dad has the same problem. haha Foods are still looking mighty tasty. My problem is getting enough ideas of foods to fix. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beans. Especially when they have good seasoning.

    Cheese is something that is pretty satisfying to me. We also feed Fenton cottage cheese before bed a lot so he won't wake up hungry in the night. BUT regular cheese does have a lot of fat in it. So you do have that to watch out for.

    Sometimes I take an egg and cheese sandwich with me for lunch, but a guy can't do that too much because it really isn't the best health wise.

    Peanut butter is another high calorie food that has a lot of "good" oil in it. PB and J sandwich before bed?

    ReplyDelete