Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 2

Menu Log
Breakfast: Ezekiel cereal with yogurt
Lunch: Polenta with marinara sauce and roasted asparagus.
Supper: Lentil soup

Don't know if you can make out the heart shapes in honor of Valentines Day.


I ate 2 big bowls along with a bagel. It filled me up but by bedtime I was hungry again so had to eat some trail mix. I also snacked on peanut butter crackers and ate a boiled egg at different points during the day.
Holly told me about how eating things that require more chewing/digestion uses up more calories and that we should make smoothies. This makes sense. Brad eats a smoothie on the nights he works at Panera. Apparently they have some really good ones.
Feeling good. Haven't noticed any changes in energy. Haven't had any red meat cravings yet either. I'm sure they will come.
If anyone has a good vegetarian recipe let me know. We will cook it and tell you what we think.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to eat at your house. Of course your presentation of your meals is always so awesome! You are making me want to try this new diet. Keep it up. You are going to be healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, it is really interesting to read about what you all are eating and creating! You may inspire the whole family to be a little more healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete