Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wearing Baby

It's been 3 weeks now since Bethany was born and things are different but I feel like we are getting used to the new schedule. The hardest thing that I've had to figure out is how to get things done around the house. It seems like by the time I get Bethany fed, changed, and content to sleep or lay in her bed; I don't have much time to do anything before the whole process starts all over again. We were given a neat gift called the Moby Wrap. It is a huge piece of material that you wrap around yourself and the baby and just walk around with them. They are close to you and you have both hands free to do things(like make myself dinner!). I tried it when she was first born but was so nervous about suffocating her that I didn't do it very long. I guess the new has worn off a bit so I am making another attempt today. It has worked out well so far. I am wearing her as I type this. she seems to like being all bundled up and is sleeping soundly. I think this is something that I can get used to and maybe I can also get a few more things done(like send out all your thank you notes!) Here's a pic of how it looks.

5 comments:

  1. neat. hope it continues to work out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wraps and slings are so good for those first few months! i wore colby a whole lot more than i did abriella, but i had a different wrap for him that i really liked better. i had a maya wrap for him. babies love being next to you, all snuggled up! i would even wear him at the grocery store. he'd sleep the entire time i was shopping! hope all is going well with y'all! those first few weeks, months, etc, can be challenging with less sleep and just trying to figure out what to do with YOUR baby 24/7! biggest babysitting job ever! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious girl! Her hair looks curly. i used a sling with Clayton and wore it till she hurt my back, it was the only way I could run around after the other two! :) You will get used to it, sleep when the baby sleeps, for real. Housework will still be there when you wake up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really neat! I am sure Bethany LOVES it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. my friend and her husband wear this all the time with their baby. glad it's working out! I agree with Chrissy- take a break and a nap! : )
    brittany

    ReplyDelete