Friday, October 15, 2010

Waffles at The Dog Park

I took our 75lb. Weimaraner to a fenced in dog park. He hasn't had tons of exposure to other dogs so I thought it was about time we found him some buddies to play with. Well, I found out that our dog is a big baby. I realize that it was a new environment so he was not sure of himself but he was scared to death of all the other dogs. Imagine my huge dog tucking tail and running from teacup sized rat dogs. Poor thing. We ended up in the small dog part where there were only a couple of other nice dogs. By the end he was starting to be interested in the big dogs on the other side. Maybe next time we go he will do better.

3 comments:

  1. We really need to do that with our dogs, but I've been lazy and haven't. It's such a hassle to hold their 50 lbs back as they possibly might lunge at another dog. But we really need to. sigh. I'd like for them to be more socialized.
    brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Waffles is so funny. He does seem to need some socialization skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lollololol! In a way that's nice. At least he wasn't trying to be friends with other dogs that hated him and he was too dumb to tell. Yep, talking about Houdini.

    ReplyDelete