Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Garden

It's all about the garden! Dad came down on Tuesday and brought his tiller. The ground was really dry and really hard but Dad and Brad powered though it and now we have a place ready to plant! Dad also got our AC running so thank you Dad for all of your help! I raked as many grass clumps and rocks off to the side as I could and made rows. Waffles tried to help by digging in a few places. ;) Because of our dog's love for freshly tilled earth, we are going to try to put up a fence this weekend and plant. Dad and Mom might come down to help! YaY! Here's are few visual aids to help with your imagination.


Here are the rows I made today! Can't wait to plant!

You can't really see it but I've made two mounds for sqaush and cucumber. The tomatos will go in the space where nothing is done and the grapes will be against the chain link fence.

Though you might like a belly picture. I'm at 24 weeks now
!
This is a short video of Brad tilling.

3 comments:

  1. Your garden area is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the plants growing in it. Brad looks like a pro on the tiller. I especially love the turn. :) Baby Bethany is growing! 22 weeks now? Your baby counter is gone so I've lost track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did Brian fix the AC? Ours isn't working well right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to come and help build the fence. I think we are coming! I didn't get to plant anything this yr. boo hoo. Dad had to get with it and get it in the ground. Your garden plot is gorgeous and will be super once the plants are in the ground. You are not quite as big as I was picturing. Dad had me thinking you were humogous! ha

    ReplyDelete