Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Stuff

So, here is this weeks news.
I am helping out with the VBS our church is putting on. They picked a rain forest theme. The decorations look amazing! Here's a picture of what the auditorium looks like. They went all out.
I am helping out with the craft part. The interesting thing about this VBS is that it is for the entire family. Everyone gathers in the auditorium and sings a couple of songs and watches a skit. Then the families go do 3 different activities together. After that, they divide them up and the kids and parents go to different classes. The crafts part has been fun. They have made tic-tac-toe boards, chia pets, and picture frames so far. It has been nice to meet people and play with the kids. Everyone is very nice.
There is a rose bush that was already here when we moved in. I'm actually surprised that it is still alive. The blooms are very pretty and smell great! I trimmed all the dead branches out today so it looks much better.
Now for the pregnant picture. I just reached 26 weeks today. Hopefully by now no one can mistake my round middle for belly fat anymore. Bethany is a mover! She always goes a little nuts after I eat. I think she is going to love food as much as her parents do!
The video is of waffles. He LOVES to play catch. I've been working on training him to sit, and stay. He's gotten pretty good at catching the frisbee in the air. I've thought about doing agility training with him because I think he would love it and it would get rid of some of his unending energy supply.

3 comments:

  1. Good ol' Waffles. You are doing a good job. The rose bush does look better. The VBS sounds like very good and it is a great opportunity for you. Keep posting and telling us the news, especially about Bethany. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rose bush is so pretty. We do not have a rose bush. I don't see a lot of roses around Dallas actually. The heat probably does not do good things to them. Waffles is great at frisbee. that is cool that you can help with VBS. Glad Bethany is a mover and shaker!

    ReplyDelete