Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year, New You, Not Happening

You know how everyone sets out to change themselves at the beginning of every year? Well, I've decided that is not what I will be doing this year. Why is it that we can't be satisfied with who we are? Why do we feel pressured to change things we were born with like our body, or personality type? I've decided to be happy with who I am this year. I don't need to try and be someone different. What I need to do is embrace who I am and enjoy being me. I will not be forced into a mold that our society has decided is the "ideal" person. Another thing I won't do is try to change others. I will enjoy individuals for who they really are and encourage them to expose their true selves and not be ashamed about it. This year I will be the real me and the world will just have to deal with it!

5 comments:

  1. you go girl!! I agree! I actually sat down and wrote some resolutions this year and I just might throw them out now. It would be nice to just focus on being the "real" me this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely the BEST new year's resolution. I think I will try to follow your lead. It is tiring to be someone we are NOT. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! this is awesome. I think what I learned last year was that you should only resolve to do things that you really want to do because you want to do them. Making resolutions that you feel like you should make but don't really care about is doomed for failure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree, Holly! And Cindy, I would have to say that I really like that one. It is something I have plenty of thoughts on. Usually my resolutions are things that I want to do, not what I want to be, lol....wonder if that falls in line with what you were saying :) Also, I love that you will encourage all of us to bring out our "true selves". I think that is a wonderful and noble idea to pursue!! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete