Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 7th; Biophysical Profile

Yes, they made me go get one because I was 3 days past my due date. This procedure helps to ensure that Bethany was still alive(I knew that), responsive(I knew that too), and in a good environment. If they had detected any problems then they would have made us go to the hospital and induce. So, I spent an hour and a half having Bethany monitored. The ultrasound showed a very healthy baby surrounded by lots of amniotic fluid and a healthy placenta. They couldn't get a shot of her head because she is so low. They also confirmed that she is still a girl!
The next picture is the fetal heart monitor. She did just fine on this too. The reason why I'm showing you this is because I had 2 good contractions but never knew it! I wouldn't be surprised if I've been having contractions like this for the last week. I guess that's what happens when you don't know what to expect. The top line is Bethany's heart. It averaged about 140 beats per minute. The second line records contractions. As you can see I had a good one that lasted about 2 minutes. I guess that means she is ready to meet the family. It may just take another day or two. I have an appointment on Thursday so we'll see what they tell us.


4 comments:

  1. It still looks like a blob to me. hahaha Glad the appt. and test was a good one. Bethany is trying to "sneak" out. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats! Was really hoping to win. Praying for a safe delivery and happy healthy family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will be here soon! Glad everything checked out great. Maybe you need to chase Noodles around the block again to get things going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremy and I tried everything to get my labor going so that I wouldn't have to be induced. Pressure points, walking like a duck, eating pineapple (all these were found online and "supposedly" induce labor) nothing worked, just know that when she makes her arrival she will be good and ready!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete